Fencing Coaching Course Durham 16th+17th December
COURSE: British Fencing – Introduction To Coaching Fencing Course
WEAPONS: Foil, Épéé or Sabre
DATES: 16th & 17th December 2017
TIMES: 0900hrs to 1700hrs GMT Times
LOCATION: Graham Sports Centre | Durham University | Maiden Castle | Durham | DH1 3SE [click here for directions]
COST: £140 [LINK TO BOOKING PAGE]
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The Introduction To Coaching Fencing course is based on a modular approach with a combination of theoretical and practical content. The course consists of:
- 2 days on course delivery (16 hours) plus home study -‐ Approx 20 hours in total.
AIM OF THIS COURE
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skill and knowledge to deliver group sessions/lessons developing the basic skills of fencing.
By the end of this course, you should gain a better understanding of how to:
- Run groups sessions, safely and with a defined purpose
- Run sessions specific to the participant needs
- Plan player centred coaching sessions for beginners
- Deliver sessions using basic coach process skills
- Correct errors in basic fencing techniques
ENTRY LEVEL RECOMMENDATION
- Attended a Core Coach Course
- 18+ with experience of fencing (ideally beyond 12 months)
- 16 & 17 year olds accepted on a club coach recommendation
PRE-REQUISITES FOR REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH FENCING COACH
Please note that British Fencing uses “minimum standards for active coaches” in its coaching framework. If you would like to become a British Fencing Registered Coach, you also are required to hold:
- A valid membership to British Fencing
- Current SCUK Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate or equivalent
- Current Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
- Disclosure and Barring Service check through British Fencing
For further information about becoming a coach click here.
Spread The Love, Share Our Article
There are no trackbacks on this entry.